For dramatic effect nothing quite beats landing in a tropical thunderstorm. But the equatorial sun won out by dawn as I was driven across Africa’s longest bridge to Lagos island. Everything I was told about the Lagosean traffic is true. I’m glad Emeka is driving and not me. Plus the roadside vendors are way to interesting to be focussing on the driving.
Listlet viewed from the safety of a car a compound:
- 3 kinds of lizards in the hotel grounds
- Massive rhizome bearing trees
- 100 kinds of unknown in ornate piles in the roadside markets
- Awesome vlisco fabrics
- Road hawkers hocking garden shears
- 5 kinds of cops with automatic weapons
- an actual AK47
- chilli potatoes and egg sauce for breakfast.